Being an introvert means lots of stress going into meetings or group settings. Once I had a 6 hour car ride with someone I never met. In preparation I made a list of conversation starters and we never made it past the 2nd question. The other person talked and talked for hours. A very interesting way to get the chatter going. I will never forget that drive, that person or the story that enfolded.
Here are my top 10 conversation starters
1. Who is the most interesting person you ever met?
2. Where in the world would you most like to visit?
3. What has been the most life-changing experience you’ve ever had?
4. What is the most spontaneous thing you’ve you ever done?
5. Who’s had the biggest influence on your life?
6. What thing that you haven’t yet done would you most like to do?
7. What is the best quality you’ve inherited from either of your parents?
8. From which person have you learned most in your life?
9. What historical figure do you most identify with?
10. What kind of music do you like?